ValueVaries. If your funding request is over $1,000,000, please contact the program directly before submitting your application.
Celebration and Commemoration Program — Reopening Fund is a 1-year funding initiative that will provide funding to eligible recipients to support initiatives that meet 1 or more of the following requirements:
- increase opportunities for Canadians to participate in various commemorative activities and celebrations to mark Canada’s emergence from the COVID-19 pandemic
- build a sense of pride and belonging to Canada by holding celebratory and commemorative activities that recognize people and achievements in the response to COVID-19
- support the revival of local economies through in person events
The following organizations are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, corporation, trust, cooperative, or unincorporated association
- Canadian for-profit organization where proposed projects are non-commercial in nature
- Canadian educational institution
- Canadian provincial/territorial, municipal government, Indigenous government (or equivalent authority) or another municipal, provincial or territorial institution
Examples of eligible projects:
- one-time celebratory or commemorative events that encourage participation and engagement
- commemorative gardens or monuments (not exceeding $100,000)
- educational and awareness material, exhibits or documentaries
The project must not be designed for fundraising for operational purposes or generate commercial advantage or profit.
Deadline DateJanuary 31, 2022.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 819-997-0055 or 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org