ValueUp to $20,000
Change Capital Project Grants provide funding to heritage organizations – up to $20,000, with no matching requirement – to undertake projects that develop internal capacity and new strategies that build resilience within the heritage sector. Applications to the Change Capital Project Grant will be accepted through rolling intake for the remainder of 2021.
To be eligible for a Change Capital Project Grant through HCIP:
- The organization must be a non-profit society, registered in Alberta for at least one year.
- The organization must have received an HCIP grant in the past five years (exceptions may be made on a case-by- case basis – please contact EHC Grants Staff to confirm eligibility).
- The organization must have existing programming and interpretation specifically about Edmonton stories and have a demonstrated benefit to Edmontonians.
- The applicant must be up to date with final reports for other HCIP-funded work, including returning any unused grant funds. Applicants who have been granted extensions on other HCIP-funded work are also not eligible to apply.
- Project work cannot already be underway and cannot begin prior to notification of funding.
- The project must have clear start and end dates, as well as a specific scope of activities separate from regular operations and/or programs
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning, succession planning, or governance review initiatives
- New program development
- Website development or redesign
- Human resources system development
- Marketing plan or digital strategy development
- New volunteer training and/or engagement initiatives
- Development of organizational archival plans
- Financial systems development or training
- Funds development initiatives