Value$7.3 Million fund
Churchill and Region Economic Development (CRED) Fund is a response to the economic instability facing the Town of Churchill and surrounding region following the announcement of the closure of the Port of Churchill and associated reductions in rail service.
Eligible recipients shall be organizations located within the Churchill and northern region that submit proposals clearly demonstrating that the results of the CRED Fund investment will be realized within the Region. Specifically, eligible recipients shall include:
- Municipal or local governments
- Post-secondary institutions
- Not-For-Profit organizations
- For-Profit organizations (incorporated, sole proprietorships, partnerships or other legally established businesses)
- First Nations and Indigenous organizations as represented by their leadership
Organizations will need to demonstrate their overall governance, management and financial capacity to provide oversight for the project.
The Fund is broad in scope and will fund a variety of projects that promote business development, good quality job creation, and local economic growth. This will include projects that have tangible direct economic benefits including: maintaining current employment; new job creation or enhancement; incremental income or businesses and government revenues within an identifiable time frame (immediate preferable).