ValueUp to 100% of project costs.
The Clean Energy Improvement Program (CEIP) is a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)-style program that helps people make energy efficient upgrades to their properties without having to put money down. The cost of the upgrade is recovered through the owner’s property taxes.
Property owners who choose to make improvements would help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, create jobs, stimulate local economies and save money on their energy bills.
The program is voluntary for municipalities and property owners.
- Municipalities that wish to participate need to pass a bylaw and will work with Energy Efficiency Alberta to develop and deliver the program to residents.
- Energy Efficiency Alberta will administer the program on behalf of the municipality.
- Property owners pay for any clean energy upgrades through their property taxes.
- The amount can be paid off at any time.
- Any outstanding repayments remain with the property. If the property is sold, the new owners take on the repayments.
Eligible projects focus on energy efficiency or on-site renewable energy such as solar power, upgraded insulation and high-efficiency heating.
Clean energy improvements are available to residential and commercial properties and farm land. A complete list of upgrades will be posted on Energy Efficiency Alberta’s website.
Contact Name: CEIP
Phone Number: 1 (888) 506 – 9996