Clean Resources programs are created to develop, adapt, and commercialize innovative technologies that maximize the value of the province’s natural and renewable resources while protecting the environment.
- Bioenergy – supports the development of a bioenergy industry that contributes to Alberta’s supply of renewable energy through the production of biofuels and novel value-added products. The program invests in projects that develop and/or deploy waste or biomass conversion technologies.
- Carbon Capture & Utilization – focuses on carbon capture and utilization innovation to convert carbon dioxide into useful products with significant commercial value and market demand through cost-competitive and environmentally sound technology solutions.
- TIER Economic Recovery Program – consist of a set of “shovel-ready” projects that will accelerate innovation in support of GHG emissions reduction, increase long-term economic competitiveness and stimulate growth in critically important sectors of Alberta’s economy.
- Cleaner Hydrocarbon Production – supports projects that will contribute to Alberta’s hydrocarbon resource value while securing long-term future for Alberta’s oil sand resources in a new economy.
- Innovative Hydrocarbon Products – focuses on three sub-programs designed to diversify Alberta’s economy and add value to hydrocarbon resources that will enable Alberta to achieve prosperity in a low carbon, global economy.
- Land & Biodiversity – this program aims to ensure that natural resource development operations and practices are sustainable.
- Renewable & Alternative Energy – supports invests in renewable and low-carbon electricity while maintaining a reliable and affordable grid system.
- Water Innovation – designed to achieve the goals of the Alberta’s Water for Life Strategy.
- Agri-Food Innovation – committed to propelling the development and application of technologies to increase the productivity and sustainability of agri-food products and advancing prion research.
- Bioindustrial Materials – supports economic development and diversification by investing in greener products and processes using Alberta biomass.
- Critical Materials and Emerging Technology advances homegrown capacity of technologies and products that support a low-carbon economy with a focus on rare earth elements and critical minerals.
Deadline DateContinuous Intake
Contact Name: Alberta Innovates
Phone Number: 1-877-423-5727