The CleanBC Building Innovation Fund (CBBIF) provides incentives to B.C. manufacturers and technology developers to commercialize and demonstrate new energy efficient and low-carbon building technologies, designs, and practices. The objectives of the CBBIF are to increase the availability, affordability and acceptability of made-in-B.C. low carbon building solutions that can be scaled up to help achieve provincial climate targets, prepare the market for future building sector regulations committed to in the CleanBC Roadmap to 2030, and drive economic development.
To be eligible, a project must be located in BC and advance innovation in building designs, construction practices, systems, materials, products, or technologies that currently have a technology readiness level (TRL) of 3 or higher and:
- are energy efficient;
- reduce carbon emissions from building operations; and/or
- have low embodied carbon.
The CBBIF provides funding to promote building sector innovation in five separate streams:
- Material, Component and System Manufacturing – $500,000-$1,000,000 per project
Funding to support investment in manufacturing facilities to diversify and expand existing product lines or commercialize new low-carbon product lines.
- Digital Technology Solutions – $500,000-$1,000,000 per project. Funding for low-carbon technology development for new or improved digital solutions.
- Demonstration Projects – $500,000-$1,000,000 per project. Funding to help offset the incremental capital or operational costs of low-carbon demonstration projects relative to industry standards. Demonstration projects are those that involve the construction or renovation of a discrete building and the demonstration of innovative technologies/materials within that building.
- Open Call for Innovations – $500,000-$1,000,000 per project. An open call for other types of low-carbon projects not covered by other funding streams, including but not limited to research projects, product development, and product testing and certification.
- Information Sharing and Market Transformation – Up to $500,000 per project. Funding for CBBIF (program-wide) information sharing and dissemination projects. Successful projects will have a broad outreach strategy that supports the market transformation objectives of the CBBIF.
Deadline DateA fourth intake is expected Fall 2022.
Contact Name: CleanBC Building Innovation Fund
E-mail Address: email@example.com