Coal Community Transition Fund is to assist Alberta communities affected by the coal-phase out.
Municipalities and First Nations affected by the phase-out of coal in Alberta’s electricity system could apply for grant funding through the CCTF to support economic development initiatives that enable the transition away from economic reliance on coal-fired electricity generation.
Projects had to align with one or more of the following program objectives to be eligible:
- Identify social and economic impacts of the proposed project in the community or region, such as:
- development of social and economic impact studies
- gap analysis and regional economic and social asset mapping
- sector and industry analysis to identify emerging opportunities at the community or regional level
- Develop and support community transition planning towards long-term economic sustainability, such as:
- development of economic, strategic and/or regional transition plans
- establishment of a task force or committee responsible for transition planning
- facilitation of stakeholder consultations and/or community surveys
- identification of opportunities for economic diversification
- Implement economic strategies that improve the local business environment and/or increase investment retention and attraction, such as:
- investment attraction and promotion initiatives including marketing programs, trade shows and lead generation
- business coaching and training for businesses in communities that lack these resources
Deadline DateThe application period closed Nov 30, 2017. Please click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Government of Alberta