ValueUp to 50% of the costs of community energy training and/or project development support.
Decentralised Energy Canada (DEC) is providing funding to support the development of community energy projects in Alberta’s rural and indigenous communities. Five eligible communities will receive a grant covering 50% of the costs of community energy training and/or project development support.
- Must be a rural or indigenous community
- Must complete a community energy project statement of interest.
- Must have community directive to explore community energy project feasibility (Letter from community decision-maker).
- Must have budget confirmation to cover training or project development fees.
Successful applicants are eligible for two grant packages:
1) Training Grant – Applied to a two-day capacity building course delivered to key members of community energy project teams. This ‘how-to’ training considers the unique characteristics of your community and strengthens your team’s skills for conducting feasibility studies, quantifying energy savings, calculating emissions reductions, managing project budgets and optimising project profitability.
2) Project Development Grant – Offered to communities that are already committed to the development of a community energy project. This delivers specialised support related to the economic, technical, legal, and scheduling considerations of your community energy project and is targeted at communities that have completed a pre-feasibility study of their project.