This grant provides annual funding to eligible not-for-profit community organizations that self-create and self-produce performing art productions.
To be eligible for Community Performing Arts Organizations operating funding, you must:
- Be engaged in creating and producing in the performing arts as your organization’s principal mandate.
Your organization must:
- Be a not-for-profit organization
- Be registered and in good standing under the appropriate legislation (eg. Alberta Corporate Registry) and have been in operation in Alberta for at least two years
- Have at least 50% of the organization’s board members living in Alberta
- Demonstrate the ability to balance good governance practices and fiscal responsibility, while maintaining their artistic mandate
- Operate at arms-length from organizations and institutions receiving annual operating funds from the Government of Alberta, their affiliates, and/or commercial enterprises
Note: For First-time applicants:
- You must contact the AFA at least three months before the deadline for a preliminary eligibility assessment.
- Your organization must provide approved financial statements that demonstrate the organization has positive net assets for the two annual fiscal periods immediately prior to application.
This funding is designed to support your organization’s operations, which are specific to your organization’s mandate, strategic and/or business plan and activities as described in your application and/or reporting. AFA operating funding typically supports expenses such as:
- salaries and fees
- maintenance of equipment and fixed assets
- other expenses as required to fulfill your organization’s mandate
Deadline DateYearly: October 1st
Contact Name: Cynthia Enzenhofer, Arts Development Consultant - Sector Support
Phone Number: 780-415-0282
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org