ValueLevel 1: Up to $5,000 ; Level 2: Typically, up to $5,000 ; Exceptionally: up to $25,000
Connect Grants provide financial support for the Canadian research community to undertake activities that will help make Canada a country of discoverers and innovators for the benefit of all Canadians. These activities must advance NSERC’s Research Partnerships and/or one or more of the goals outlined in NSERC’s 2020 Strategic Plan. All activities must have outcomes related to NSERC and/or plans for future applications to NSERC.
Individuals at either an NSERC-eligible institution or a not-for-profit, non-government organization (including an industry association).
In general, a company partner must operate from a Canadian base and demonstrate clear intentions and capacity to further develop and apply any technology within Canada. Start-up companies may be considered, provided that they meet the requirements below. Holding companies and companies that are unable to further develop the technology in-house are not eligible. To be eligible, a company partner must:
- Have a minimum of two full-time employees
- Be in operation for a minimum of two years
Eligible applicants can apply for two levels of Connect Grant funding:
Level 1: For travel, accommodation, meals and meeting costs within Canada for NSERC-eligible academic researchers at universities or colleges for outreach aimed at forming new partnerships in natural sciences or engineering research with Canadian companies
Level 2: for activities that will position NSERC as an enabler of discovery and innovation with a focus on the natural sciences and engineering and that will create value for Canada, as well as:
- research planning and networking activities to develop new NSERC academic–industry partnerships;
- activities or promotional tools to encourage new NSERC-supported partnerships;
- activities or promotional tools to increase student–industry training opportunities in natural sciences or engineering research;
- contribute to the goals of NSERC’s 2020 Strategic Plan.
Contact Name: NSERC - Prairies Regional Office
Phone Number: 1-877-767-1767
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org