This Modernization Stream targets the modernization of existing aging infrastructure and is not focused on the addition of net new continuing care capacity; the future Priority Communities Stream will target the addition of new continuing care capacity to Alberta’s health system.
Modernization Stream grant funding is available to not-for-profit and for-profit organizations, housing management bodies, and municipalities that meet the eligibility criteria for Residences such as:
- Not publicly-owned (i.e., facilities owned by AHS are not eligible, regardless of operator);
- In a Priority Community;
- 40 or more years old, or, containing shared accommodations, or, containing non-B2 or
- non-B3 occupancy classifications; and
- Providing (or will be providing) DSL4, DSL4D (dementia) and/or LTC services under an
- existing contract with AHS (with the potential to add spaces to align with Table 1), at the
- Residence proposed for modernization, with an established history of quality service to
- their community
Alberta Health is currently accepting Grant Applications for capital funding in support of the replacement, renovation and/or upgrading of existing Continuing Care Residences that require improvement to meet modern standards.
Deadline DateJanuary 6, 2023.
Contact Name: Alberta Health
E-mail Address: HealthContinuingCareCapitalPrograms@gov.ab.ca