ValuePhase 1: $150,000 CAD; Phase 2: $1,000,000 CAD
NRCan is seeking a solution that will develop novel processes, approaches and/or technologies, to reduce the cost of tree seedling production, packaging and transportation while also reducing the amount of waste including plastic waste currently generated.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence
Multiple grants could result from this Challenge.
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 1 Grant resulting from this Challenge is : $150,000.00 CAD
- The maximum duration for any Phase 1 project funded by a grant resulting from this Challenge is up to 6 months
- Estimated number of Phase 1 grants: 2
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 2 Grant resulting from this Challenge is : $1,000,000.00 CAD
- The maximum duration for any Phase 2 project funded by a grant resulting from this Challenge is up to 24 months
- Note: Only eligible businesses that have completed Phase 1 could be considered for Phase 2.
- Estimated number of Phase 2 grants: 1
Deadline DateDecember 21, 2021.
Contact Name: Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com