ValueThe cost ceiling for this Sandbox is $24,000 and the maximum share provided by DND/CAF to Participants is $12,000 or 50% of eligible expenses, whichever is less.
The Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC) is leading the CUAS effort, coordinating with the Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), and Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM). The information presented in this IDEaS CUAS sandbox represents a blending of requirements and characteristics of interest to one or more of the services, as well as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
The following CAF projects have a direct interest in CUAS systems and the results of this sandbox:
- Canadian Forces Land Electronic Warfare Modernization (CFLEWM)
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Modernization (ISR Mod)
- Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS)
- Applications are open to individuals, academia, not for profit organizations, and industry of any size, as well as provincial, territorial, and municipal organizations.
- Federal government departments/agencies, and federal Crown Corporations are not eligible to submit applications to this CFA.
- Foreign companies can apply. Sandboxes are not exclusively restricted to made in Canada products/solutions; however, the level of Canadian content within each application will be given consideration during the evaluation process.
Eligible Costs. All costs claimed must be directly attributable to attending the Sandbox itself and are inclusive of delivered duty paid and applicable taxes. The types of claimable expenses under this cost sharing arrangement are limited to:
- Travel, accommodation, and living expenses. The National Joint Council Travel Directive will apply for any travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- Shipping and transportation expenses of equipment to/from the Sandbox environment.
- Consumables used during the demonstrations themselves, such as munitions or fuel, which must be pre-approved by DND/CAF in order to be eligible. This does not include the damage or loss of equipment.
Deadline DateApril 13, 2022
Contact Name: Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS)
E-mail Address: IDEaSSandboxes-EnvironnementsprotegesIDEeS@forces.gc.ca