COVID-19 challenge – Low-cost sensor system for COVID-19 patient monitoring is in response to the rapidly increasing numbers of patients affected by the COVID-19 virus.
Through this program, National Research Council of Canada (NRC)
is seeking a low cost system (unit cost <$25) that can continuously measure temperature, peripheral capillary oxygen saturation (SpO2), blood pressure (BP), pulse and respiration rates, and transmit this information wirelessly to a base station for COVID-19 patient monitoring in locales including ERs, general wards, communities and homes.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees*
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada*
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work*
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence*
*Calculations must take into account and include affiliated businesses, such as parent companies and subsidiaries, that are either in or outside of Canada.
Multiple grants could result from this Challenge:
- Phase 1
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 1 Grant resulting from this Challenge is $300,000.00 CAD for up to 3 months.
- Estimated number of Phase 1 grants: 2
- Phase 2
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 2 Grant resulting from this Challenge is $2,000,000.00 CAD for up to 12 months.
- Only eligible businesses that have completed Phase 1 could be considered for Phase 2.
- Estimated number of Phase 2 grants: 1
*This disclosure is made in good faith and does not commit Canada to award any grant for the total approximate funding. Final decisions on the number of Phase 1 and Phase 2 awards will be made by Canada on the basis of factors such as evaluation results, departmental priorities and availability of funds. Canada reserves the right to make partial awards and to negotiate project scope changes.
*For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org