COVID-19 Challenge — Point of Care and Home Diagnostic Kit for COVID-19 seeks to find solution that will diagnose individuals affected by COVID-19 within 3 days of the start of their symptoms using a sample, other than a nasopharyngeal swab, with a rapid single-use home testing kit analogous to a home pregnancy test.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees*
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada*
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work*
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence*
*Calculations must take into account and include affiliated businesses, such as parent companies and subsidiaries, that are either in or outside of Canada.
Multiple grants could result from this Challenge.
- Phase 1
- Funding of up to $300,000.00 CAD for up to 3 months could be available for any Phase 1 grant resulting from this Challenge.
- Estimated number of Phase 1 grants to be awarded: 2
- Phase 2
- Funding of up to $2,000,000.00 CAD for up to 12 months could be available for any Phase 2 grant resulting from this Challenge.
- Only eligible businesses that received Phase 1 funding could be considered for Phase 2.
- Estimated number of Phase 2 grants to be awarded: 1
*This disclosure is made in good faith and does not commit Canada to award any grant for the total approximate funding. Final decisions on the number of Phase 1 and Phase 2 awards will be made by Canada on the basis of factors such as evaluation results, departmental priorities and availability of funds. Canada reserves the right to make partial awards and to negotiate project scope changes.
*For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com