ValuePhase 1 – award up to $200,000; Phase 2 – award up to $1,000,000
As part of Strong, Secure, Engaged: Canada’s Defence Policy, the Department of National Defence (DND) has launched the Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) Program. The IDEaS Program supports, increases and sustains science and technology (S&T) community capacity external to DND that can generate new ideas and formulate solutions to Canada’s current and future defence and security Innovation Challenges.
The Government of Canada through IDEas program invite Call for Proposals (CFP) to support Canada’s defence, security and public safety in response to the significant and rapid spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). DND is looking for novel ideas and innovative solutions to resolve S&T challenges under the following areas:
- Rapid Response: Real-time insights for pandemic decision-making
- Scrubbing your scrubs: Finding ways to re-use COVID-19 protective gear
- Super sanitize: Cleaning sensitive equipment and workspaces
- This CFP is open to individuals, academia, not-for-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, and provincial/territorial/municipal governments.
- Applicants with joint ventures may also apply.
Eligible costs are direct costs that are associated with the delivery of the approved proposal and that are required to achieve the expected results. Generally, eligible costs may only be considered for reimbursement if incurred following the execution of a contribution agreement.
Eligible costs are limited to the following categories:
- Salaries and benefits;
- Capital expenditures (purchases not to exceed $5,000 per acquisition);
- Materials and supplies;
- Professional, scientific, technical and contracting services (provided by third parties);
- Capacity building and training;
- Travel expenses; and
- Administrative overhead costs (not to exceed 15% of the total approved eligible costs);
Deadline DateJune 23, 2020
Contact Name: IDEaS Program
E-mail Address: DND.IDEaS-IDEeS.MDN@forces.gc.ca