ValueUp to $300,000. In addition, a Remote Community Allowance may be available.
The Long-Term Projects component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing funds First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists, arts/cultural professionals, groups, collectives and organizations working in all disciplines. Grants provide support for any combination of eligible Creating, Knowing and Sharing activities for projects lasting between 1 and 3 years.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis arts/cultural professionals
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis groups
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis for-profit organizations that have been in operation for at least 2 years
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis not-for-profit organizations not currently receiving core (operating) funding
Your activities must be led by eligible First Nations, Inuit or Métis professional artists, cultural carriers or arts/cultural professionals and can include participation of or collaboration with non-Indigenous artists.
You can apply for any combination of eligible Creating, Knowing and Sharing activities lasting between 1 and 3 years, including but not limited to:
- Creating– research; creation; production; critical discourse (including research or writing); residencies; collaborations
- Knowing– mentorships; artistic training; community-based initiatives to engage young people through artistic practices; language preservation through artistic practices; intergenerational transmission of artistic knowledge; preservation of traditional knowledge through artistic practice; development of administrative, artistic, cultural or organizational capacity; research; collaborations
- Sharing– local, regional, national or international exhibitions; implementation of dissemination strategy and organizational objectives; publishing activities; gathering events involving artistic practices; collaborations; marketing and publicity; presentations, festivals and showcase events; networking events involving artistic practices; outreach activities
Contact Name: Creating, Knowing and Sharing
Phone Number: 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4038
E-mail Address: email@example.com