ValueUp to $30 000. In addition, a Remote Community Allowance may be available.
The Travel component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing funds First Nations, Inuit and Métis artists, arts/cultural professionals (including artists’ representatives), cultural carriers, artistic groups, collectives and organizations working in all disciplines. Grants support travel costs to attend significant events within Canada or abroad that advance your professional development, enable you or the artists you represent to access new markets or build national and international presence.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis aspiring artists working under the mentorship of a professional artist
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis arts/cultural professionals
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis cultural carriers
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis groups
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis for-profit organizations that have been in operation for at least 2 years
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis not-for-profit organizations not currently receiving core (operating) funding
Your activities must be led by eligible First Nations, Inuit or Métis professional artists, cultural carriers or arts/cultural professionals. Travel must be at least 100 kilometres from your place of departure, and by invitation. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip (if you are representing or promoting artists, you can request multiple trips) to:
- Share artistic works or cultural knowledge
- Participate in significant artistic or cultural events, including pow-wows
- Undertake research activities
- Build professional and artistic networks
- Engage in professional development opportunities
- Develop regional, national or international markets
If your application is for touring existing work, you must instead apply to the Arts Across Canada: Circulation and Touring or Arts Abroad: Circulation and Touring components.
Contact Name: Creating, Knowing and Sharing
Phone Number: 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4038
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org