Creative Export Canada offers funding for projects that generate export revenues and help Canadian creative industries reach more people around the world.
The program is highly competitive, therefore only a limited number of projects are funded each year.
To be eligible for funding, a company/organization must:
- be incorporated under the laws of Canada, a province or a territory;
- be a for-profit company or not-for-profit organization;
- be Canadian-owned and -controlled;
- have a maximum of $500M in annual revenues; and
- have a minimum of one full-time employee.
Only project-related cash expenses are eligible; these may include:
- acquisition of digital or other technologies;
- professional services or the portion of employees’ salaries directly related to the project;
- travel-related expenses, which must be directly related to the project and must not exceed the rates permitted for travel on government business, in accordance with the National Joint Council Travel Directive;
- marketing expenses;
- project-related administrative costs (e.g. general office supplies, mailing, and cloud storage costs), limited to a maximum of 15% of the total recommended amount;
- project-related translation and interpretation expenses, limited to a maximum of 10% of the total amount of funding requested from the program.
Deadline DateThe period for submitting a funding application for project expenses starting between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 is now closed. The application deadline is September 29, 2021 for projects with expenses taking place between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org