Valueinvesting $200 million between 2023 and 2027 for this initiative.
The Deep Retrofit Accelerator Initiative (DRAI) provides funding to organizations (i.e. “retrofit accelerators”) that help building owners in the development of deep retrofits in commercial, institutional, and mid- or high-rise multi-unit residential buildings in Canada, and that drive market transformation in a given region or market segment.
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Canadian provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies, including public sector bodies, crown corporations or boards that are established by or under provincial or territorial statute or by regulation or are wholly owned by a province, territory or local or regional government
- Indigenous governing bodies, for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and communities
- Salaries and benefits on the payroll of the Recipient for actual time spent by the employees on the project
- Professional, scientific, technical, management, data collection and contracting services
- Travel expenditures, including meals and accommodation, based on National Joint Council Rates
- Advertising, recruitment and training (including trainer fees, costs of training development, promotion, deployment and evaluation)
- License fees, data purchases, certification costs, and permits
- Capital expenditures – informatics hardware and software (note: capital expenses for retrofits are ineligible)
- Material, supplies and equipment rental (note: equipment installed as a part of a building retrofit is ineligible)
- Rental of facilities, audio and visual services and other related costs (excluding hospitality and prizes) associated with delivering workshops, delivering training, conferences, meetings and other events
- Overhead expenditures, provided they are related to the conduct of the project and can be attributed to it. Overhead expenditures may be included in the total project costs up to 15% of eligible expenditures
- GST, PST or HST, net of any tax rebate to which the Recipient is entitled
Deadline DateApril 28, 2023; Indigenous applicants or applicants who focus on Indigenous communities may submit applications at any time by March 31, 2025 (or until funds are exhausted).
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org