ValueUp to $400,000 per fiscal year. Funding maximum: $800,000 up to 2 fiscal years.
Launched in 2018, the Dementia Community Investment funds community-based projects that seek to:
- optimize the wellbeing of people living with dementia (PLWD) and family/friend caregivers
- increase knowledge about dementia and its risk and protective factors
Projects could, for example, provide PLWD and family/friend caregivers with opportunities to gain knowledge, resources and skills. Projects that do not directly benefit PLWD and family/friend caregivers will not be considered for funding.
The following types of organizations are eligible for funding:
- not-for-profit voluntary organizations and corporations
- for-profit organizations, provided they partner with a not-for-profit organization
- unincorporated groups, societies and coalitions
- provincial, territorial, regional, and municipal governments and agencies
- organizations and institutions supported by provincial and territorial governments (regional health authorities, post-secondary institutions, etc.)
- Indigenous organizations working with First Nations, Inuit or Métis
Partnerships between organizations with complementary areas of expertise are strongly encouraged.
Eligible costs include such expenses as:
- travel and accommodations
- materials and supplies
- rent and utilities
- ‘other’ costs related to the approved project
A detailed budget is required as part of the full proposal in this application process.
No project expenses may be incurred prior to the acceptance of the contribution agreement by all parties.
Deadline DateNovember 3, 2020
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.