ValueVaries with up to $250,000.
Digital Museums Canada is the largest funding program in Canada dedicated to online projects by the museum and heritage community.
- Large investment – For a project requiring an investment of $150,000 to $250,000, in collaboration with a technical team of your choice.
- Medium investment – For a project requiring an investment of $50,000 to $150,000, in collaboration with a technical team of your choice.
- Small Investment – For a “Community Stories” project created with a template and including an investment of $15,000.
- Be administered in the public interest for the primary purpose of collecting, preserving, documenting, interpreting, exhibiting and disseminating physical collections and/or intangible cultural heritage. This includes artistic, scientific, cultural and historical material.
- Operate a permanent establishment or site accessible to the public.
- Be an aquarium, archive, art gallery, botanical garden, cultural centre, equivalent Indigenous peoples’ organization, exhibition centre, historic house, historical society, library, museum, planetarium, preservation project or site, professional cultural association or group, zoo or other organization that meets these eligibility requirements.
- Be not-for-profit.
- Not be a member of the Canadian Heritage Portfolio.
Eligible projects must provide the user with a complete online experience. Examples include virtual exhibits, virtual tours, immersive experiences, online games, web apps, educational resources and more
Deadline DateDeadline: Next Call for Proposals: Spring 2023.
Contact Name: Digital Museum Canada
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org