ValueMaximum of $25,000 per participant.
Discovering Potential Program supports employers who provide youth with green work experience through internships and on-the-job training. Positions in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and/or relating to electricity, renewable energy, environment, and natural resources can qualify.
The placement organization (either an employer or training provider) must operate in one or more of the following areas:
- Clean Energy Technology
- Carbon and Climate Change Mitigation
- Renewables/Green Energy
- Energy Efficiency, fuel switching, and green building
- Transmission, smart grid, energy storage
- Sustainable development of non-renewable resources
- Resource Conservation
- Environmental Protection
- Sustainable Planning/Urban Design
- Alternative/Sustainable Transportation
- Green Manufacturing
- Green Services
- Green Retail
- Other sectors in the environmental economy
The placement organization must also be classified as one of the following:
- Academic organization
- Indigenous organization
- Not-for-profit organization
- Municipal, provincial or territorial government
To be eligible, the youth participant must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislations and regulations
- Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Not currently enrolled in full-time post secondary studies
- Currently un- or under-employed
Employers may be eligible for a subsidy of up to 80% of a participant’s wages, to a maximum of $25,000 per participant.
Training providers may be eligible for a subsidy of up to 100% of the training costs to a maximum of $25,000 per participant.
Deadline DateThe program is no longer accepting applications.
Contact Name: Electricity Human Resources Canada
Phone Number: 613.235.5540
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org