ValueUp to $100,000
The Emergency On-Farm Support Fund (EOFSF) was announced on July 31, 2020 and provides $35 million to boost protections for domestic and temporary foreign workers and address COVID-19 outbreaks on farms. The program will assist agricultural producers with some of the incremental costs for activities that improve the health and safety of all farm workers, domestic and temporary foreign workers (TFWs) by limiting the spread of COVID-19 in agricultural operations.
The program will provide up to $100,000 per recipient in non-repayable funding for emergency COVID-19 response activities.
Eligible recipients are primary Canadian agricultural producers (for example, a farm, ranch or other operation) that produce agricultural products for resale and employ farm workers (domestic and temporary foreign workers). They can include:
- sole proprietors
- corporations/cooperatives/communal organizations
- band farms
- Aquaculture production is not eligible under the program.
- Applicants do not have to have registered temporary foreign workers to be eligible.
- Eligible recipients must adhere to all of the provisions of the Quarantine Act, including but not limited to the mandatory 14-day isolation period for temporary foreign workers.
- Should AAFC become aware of an applicant breaching any part of those requirements, the recipient will no longer be eligible for the funding. Any amounts already paid to the recipient will be considered a debt to the Crown.
- On-farm retrofit or adjustments to existing agricultural operations to cover extraordinary costs associated with COVID-19 to ensure worker safety, such as:
- added sanitation (cleaning and disinfection) and security requirements
- adjustments to current processes and processing stations to accommodate physical distancing
- adjustment to transportation to ensure physical distancing during movement on-farm or between off-farm accommodations and on-farm
- HVAC modifications or upgrades
- equipment such as safety barriers (Plexiglass dividers)
- purchase/rental/lease of additional housing for workers (on farm), portable buildings, and/or installations/site modifications related to COVID-19 measures. Off-farm housing options are eligible where required for prevention of the spread of COVID-19 or control where an outbreak of COVID-19 is confirmed.
- site modifications and/or transportation for wellness checks
- disinfection and cleaning in the event of a farm outbreak
- Costs for disposable and non-disposable personal protective equipment that are incremental to normal operations due to COVID-19, such as:
- body temperature screening/fever detection systems, including thermal scanners
- washing stations
- workstation dividers
- full and half face-piece respirators
- impact goggles and face shields
- face masks and coverings, including N95 masks
- sanitizers and cleaning products
- particulate filters and gas/vapor cartridges
- safety glasses
- disposable gloves
- Costs related to worker training and safety COVID-19 protocols, such as:
- interpretation services
- training on COVID-19 protocols
Deadline DateEligible activities can be retroactive to March 15, 2020 and must be completed by February 26, 2021.
Contact Name: Emergency On-Farm Support Fund
Phone Number: 1-866-367-8506
E-mail Address: aafc.EOFSF-FUMSF.firstname.lastname@example.org