ValueMaximum grant funding provided by this program is $1,000,000 per fiscal year, to a project maximum of $2,000,000.
The Emerging Opportunities Grant Program supports the Government of Alberta’s strategic objectives related to growth and development of Alberta’s value-added agriculture sector. The program supports projects that focus on innovation and result in significant company growth and sector impact. Projects can include new technologies, best new practises, significant capacity expansions and new builds.
To be eligible for this program, an entity must be:
- registered and operating in Alberta
- Eligible applicants not operating in Alberta at the time of application must prove they will operate in Alberta and meet the intended project outcomes by no later than March 31, 2028.
- in good standing in accordance with applicable legislation
- an agriculture or bio-industrial processor, or an industry organization
Projects conducted by agriculture and bio-industrial processors must have a minimum total project investment of $2 million.
Industry organizations do not have a minimum total project investment value.
Eligible projects must include one or a combination of the following activities:
- equipment and engineering related to new processing facilities and significant expansion projects that increase processing capacity in Alberta
- initiatives that explore market opportunities and directly address barriers to export and new market access
- activities that promote collaboration amongst companies to grow the sector
- any other activity deemed eligible by the Minister that supports an emerging opportunity in the sector
Deadline DateAccepting applications: April 3, 2023. Contact the department directly to discuss if your project fits within program eligibility and criteria. If deemed a fit, the department will invite you to submit a Letter of Request.
Contact Name: Emerging Opportunities Program team
Phone Number: 780-422-0907
E-mail Address: email@example.com