ValueMaximum grant funding provided by this program is $500,000 per fiscal year
The Emerging Opportunities program helps to support Alberta’s strategic objectives related to growth and development of Alberta’s value-added agriculture sector. Through targeted investment in new and/or emerging opportunities in the sector, this program enables growth, pursuit of new markets and diversification of Alberta’s value-added industries. The sector is broadly defined as Alberta agriculture, agri-processing and agri-based products, and all projects must clearly support both diversification and economic growth in the Province.
Eligible applicants must be either:
- Processors including food processors and bio-industrial processors
- Agri-businesses, or
- Industry Organizations
Projects must also include one or a combination of the following activities:
- Equipment, installation and engineering related to new manufacturing facilities and expansion projects in Alberta.
- Initiatives to explore new market opportunities and directly address barriers to export and market access.
- Initiatives to promote collaboration among companies to grow the sector.
- Any other activity deemed eligible by the Minister that supports an emerging opportunity in the sector.
Contact Name: Program Specialist
Phone Number: (780) 422-0907
E-mail Address: AF.AG-GRANTS@gov.ab.ca