Value$100K to $20M funding
The new $675M Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) – Onshore Program is helping Canadian onshore oil and gas companies invest in green solutions to continue their progress toward reducing methane emissions while facing the current economic crisis and COVID-19 pandemic.
All upstream and midstream oil and/or gas sector companies with projects to reduce or eliminate routine venting of methane rich natural gas from conventional, tight and shale oil and gas operations can apply. To be considered for funding under the Program, the applicant must satisfy all of the following:
- Comply with the eligibility criteria listed in Sections 2.1 through 2.5 of this Applicant’s Guide;
- Be a validly incorporated or registered legal entity in Canada;
- Be an oil and gas company, or a provincial, territorial or municipal government that owns or operates an upstream and/or midstream conventional, tight, and/or shale oil and gas facility(ies) located in Canada; and,
- Provide all of the mandatory documentation listed in Section 6.2 of this Guide, including information contained in an engineer certified BOA or equivalent, either as a separate document or as part of the applicant’s Business Plan.
Eligible projects will be implemented in one or more of the following sectors:
- Upstream oil and gas production: including operations from the wellhead to the transfer of oil and/or gas into midstream gathering systems;
- Midstream oil and gas: including operations such as gathering and pipeline transporting, processing, treating, storing, and/or marketing of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids.
Deadline DateIntake 3: March 31, 2022
Contact Name: Government of Canada
Phone Number: 1-855-525-9293