ValueNRCan will be making available up to $50 M for focus areas 1 and 2 combined, and up to $3 M for focus area 3.
The Energy Innovation Program (EIP) advances clean energy technologies that will help Canada meet its climate change targets, while supporting the transition to a low-carbon economy. It funds research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) projects, and other related scientific activities (RSAs).
Managed by the Office of Energy Research and Development (OERD), EIP has an annual grants and contributions budget of approximately $24M per year to run targeted calls and other strategic collaborations and investment programs.
Eligible applicants include:
1) Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- for-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as electricity and gas utilities, electricity system operators, transmissions owners and operators, companies, industry associations, research associations, and standards organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- community groups and
- Canadian academic institutions
2) Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable.
It is expected that proponents (the entity that will sign a Contribution Agreement with NRCan) will be the majority owner of any assets purchased in full or in part by funding provided by NRCan.
This call will provide the following funding amounts:
- A total of up to $50M over five years for industrial fuel switching and pre-commercial production of clean fuels.
- A total of up to $3M over five years for projects that support the development and upgrade of hydrogen codes and standards.
Deadline DateExpression of Interest (EOI): February 2, 2022
Contact Name: Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)