The Energy Innovation Program (EIP) is providing funding to support clean energy innovation. Accelerating clean technology research and development is a key component of the Government of Canada’s approach to promoting sustainable economic growth and to supporting Canada’s transition towards a low-carbon economy.
Strategic priority areas: renewable, smart grid and storage systems; reducing diesel use by industrial operators in northern and remote communities; methane and VOC emission reduction; reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the building sector; carbon capture, use and storage; improving industrial efficiency.
Eligible recipients may include:
1) Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- For profit and not for profit organizations such as electricity and gas utilities, electricity system operators, transmissions owners and operators, companies, industry associations, research associations, and standards organizations;
- Indigenous organizations and groups;
- Community groups; and
- Canadian academic institutions.
2) Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable.
It is expected that Proponents (the entity that will sign a contribution agreement with NRCan) will be the majority owner of any assets purchased in full or in part by funding provided by NRCan.
Supporting Clean Energy Innovation across four Missions
- Improving efficiency and processes to reduce emissions from energy end-use
- Accelerating electrification and maximize benefits of low-emitting heat and power
- Developing cleaner hydrocarbon and renewable fuels pathways
- Maintaining safe and resilient energy systems to protect Canadians in the changing energy landscape
Deadline DateSeptember 22, 2021
Contact Name: Energy Innovation Program
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org