The Energy Innovation Program (EIP) expects to receive funding of up to $50 million over 2 yearsto support development of cleaner oil and gas technologies, in order to help develop Canada’s hydrocarbon resources in more sustainable ways. Accelerating clean technology development is a key component of the Government of Canada’s approach to promoting sustainable economic growth and to supporting Canada’s transition towards a low-carbon economy.
1) Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- For profit and not for profit organizations such as electricity and gas utilities, electricity system operators, transmissions owners and operators, companies, industry associations, research associations, and standards organizations;
- Indigenous organizations and groups;
- Community groups; and
- Canadian academic institutions.
2) Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable.
- Salaries and benefits for employees on the Proponent’s payroll, for actual time spent by the employees on the project;
- Professional, scientific, technical and contracting services;
- Reasonable travel costs, including meals and accommodation, based on National Joint Council Rates;
- Capital expenditures such as the purchase, installation, testing and commissioning of qualifying equipment, materials and products, including diagnostic and testing tools and instruments and Original Manufacturer equipment warranty (including extended warranties where deemed appropriate to mitigate risk and lack of capacity).;
- Other expenses including: Laboratory and field supplies, and materials; printing services and translation; Data collection services, including processing, analysis and management; Facility costs for seminars, conference room rentals etc.; Licence fees and permits; Capacity building and training; and Field testing services. Where the recipient is an indigenous organization, other expenses may include: Costs associated with an Indigenous ceremony (excluding hospitality); and Honoraria for Elders.
- Overhead expenses, provided they are directly related to the conduct of the project and can be attributed to it. Overhead costs will be negotiated and agreed to on an individual basis with project proponents before signing a contribution agreement. They will not exceed 15% of eligible expenditures.
Contact Name: Energy Innovation Program
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org