ValueMaximum $25,000 for up to 6 months
Engage Grants are designed to give innovative companies that operate from a Canadian base access to the unique knowledge, expertise and capabilities available at Canadian universities and colleges (see the List of Eligible Institutions). These grants are intended to foster the development of new research partnerships by supporting short-term research and development projects aimed at addressing a company-specific problem; that is, a problem related to the company’s core competencies or activities.
The simplified application and decision processes enable university and college researchers to quickly undertake new research collaborations that extend academic expertise to these problems. The mutually beneficial projects are expected to result in economic benefits to the company and to Canada and build impactful longer-term collaborations between the applicant and the company.
Engage Grants are open to researchers at either universities or colleges. The partnering company must be involved in the project and provide in kind support. The company and the researcher must not have worked together before.
- Salaries and benefits for students, technical, and professional staff
- Operating equipment, material and supply costs, and consulting fees (A maximum of 20% of the project costs can be used for the purchase or rental of equipment, materials, supplies and/or for consulting fees paid for additional expertise or completion of specific project tasks (approved only with strong demonstration of need)
- Travel (Travel required by college personnel to conduct the project is supported. This does not include international conferences to present research results)
- Faculty release costs
- Networking and technology-transfer costs
- Overhead and administration (Up to 20% of the grant amount can be requested for eligible overhead costs)
Contact Name: NSERC - Prairies Regional Office
Phone Number: 1-877-767-1767
E-mail Address: email@example.com