Value40 per cent, up to a maximum of $20,000
Equipment Modifications to Improve Manure Application provides support to producers who spread manure and require upgrades to do so efficiently and responsibly.
Producers who spread manure and require equipment upgrades for effective and responsible spreading of manure to minimize environmental risk and support efficient plant nutrient uptake.
- Conversion of existing manure application equipment or the specialized components of new manure equipment required to convert to a direct injection, below canopy, incorporation or pre-tillage methods
- Hitched attachments, splash plate, injectors, injector opener (e.g., coulters)
- Air pumps to facilitate proper emptying of manure pipe systems
- Rate monitors, sensors, and flow meters on liquid manure equipment
- Spreader tank agitator to keep the solids in suspension
- Remote shut-off devices for direct flow manure application systems
- Modifications to support variable rate nitrogen with manure application to achieve rate that meets crop phosphorus needs
- Modifications to make existing manure spreading units operate at lower rates as specified in the applicant’s Nutrient Management Plan (e.g., vertical beater systems)
- Scales to weigh solid manure spreading equipment going to field
- Slurry or splash guards on box spreaders to prevent spillage
- Surface inlet control valves, sentinel tiles, tile outlet markers, monitoring equipment to detect and prevent manure from moving into tile drains
- In-kind contributions