ValueProject requests: $60 000, exceptionally up to $100 000; Composite requests $60 000 per year, exceptionally up to $100 000 (to a maximum of $300 000 over 3 years)
The Concept to Realization component of Explore and Create supports the full creative cycle – from the initial idea through to presentation, at any stage of the creative continuum. Canadian artists, artistic groups and arts organizations can apply to create projects intended for presentation. Grants provide support for artistic research, creation, project development, remounts, production, post-production and presentation.
This component awards:
- project grants for single activities
- composite grants that encompass several activities during the same time period.
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- visual arts publishers
Support for creative research, project development, creation and production that result in:
- a public presentation
- a confirmed exhibition
- a media arts or digital arts production ready for dissemination
- (an) artist book(s) for visual arts publishers or visual artists
- literary writing projects are not eligible
- self-publishing and author-subsidized publishing of literary works are not eligible
Deadline DateProject Grants: Any time before the start date of your project or the part of your project for which you are seeking funding; Composite Grants: 6 October 2021 for activities beginning as of 1 March 2022.
Contact Name: Explore and Create
Phone Number: 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4031
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org