ValueThe maximum amount is $50,000 over the program term. Grant funding cost share is 50% of eligible expenses.
The Farm Technology Program supports the adoption of innovative technology that minimizes agricultural waste, optimizes farm efficiency, and encourages the adoption of best management practices in farm security. The program will enable primary producers to better anticipate and manage risks, while reducing environmental impacts and protecting their farm.
The Farm Technology Program has 2 streams:
- Farm Technology Stream – supports adoption of innovative technology that minimizes agricultural waste and optimizes farm efficiency.
- Farm Security Stream – supports producers in their efforts to secure business assets by encouraging the adoption of best management practices in farm security.
An applicant must:
- be a Primary Producer
- be responsible for input costs for a crop, bee, or livestock operation that produces at least $25,000 worth of farm commodities annually
- not be a landlord whose only interest in a crop, bee, or livestock operation is ownership of the land, and either:
- have a valid and current Alberta Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) certificate or completion letter, or
- obtain their EFP certificate or completion letter before the end of the Project Term
Many components of “Smart Systems features’ are eligible such as:
- Digital sensors
- Data collection
- Automated data analysis
- Efficiency improvement
Deadline DateAccepting applications from April 3, 2023.
Contact Name: Farm Technology Program team
Phone Number: 310-FARM (3276)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org