This program supports First Nations and Inuit communities in expressing, preserving, developing, revitalizing and promoting their culture, language and heritage, through the creation and operation of First Nations and Inuit cultural education centres.
- First Nations and Inuit cultural education centres, member centres supported under the First Nations Confederacy of Cultural Education Centres, and the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
- Inuit cultural education centres and the Inuit Tapirrit Kanatami may also be eligible to apply for the Inuit Cultural Education Centres Grant Program.
The program also helps make relevant cultural programming and services available to First Nations and Inuit students.
The goal of the program is to:
- revive traditional cultural skills among First Nations and Inuit people
- develop contemporary cultural skills among First Nations and Inuit people
- develop First Nations and Inuit peoples’ knowledge and use of their traditional languages
- promote cross-cultural awareness in mainstream educational programs and institutions
Deadline DateClosed. Previous Deadline: May 5, 2023.
Contact Name: Indigenous Services Canada
Phone Number: 1-800-567-9604
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org