Valueup to $10, 000.
FortisBC’s New Home Construction program is designed to support the adoption of the BC Energy Step Code, advance higher efficiency new construction, and enable homeowners to enjoy lower energy bills and more comfortable, durable, and healthy homes.
Builders can choose to participate in one, two or all three elements of the offer and receive up to $7,000 to reimburse the cost of the consultants hired to complete the work. The incentive is available per detached home or unique unit in a multi-family complex (up to $50,000 in multi-family projects).
The three elements are:
- Integrated Design Process (IDP): $1,000 rebate, must use a pre-approved IDP facilitator
- Envelope Design and Mechanical Design: consultant costs are reimbursed up to $6,000 in rebates*
* Must use a building science consultant and/or mechanical design specialist.
- The home must be new construction and built in FortisBC’s electricity* and/or natural gas service area.
- The home must be one of the following building types:
- Detached House (may include a secondary suite)
- Attached House (e.g. semi-detached, townhouses, duplexes, triplexes, row house)
- Laneway House
- The home must be build on a permanent foundation.
- Builders must work with a registered EnerGuide Rating System energy advisor in order to access the New Home Construction program.
- Builders pursuing Step 5 rebates must contact the program to confirm program eligibility.
- The building permit must be issued March 29, 2018 or later.
- Qualifying makes and models are listed at com/newhome.
Deadline DateRebates are offered until December 31, 2022.
Contact Name: Natural Gas Energy Solutions Managers or FortisBC Natural Gas or FortisBC Electricity
Phone Number: 1-855-909-2329 or 1-855-909-2331
E-mail Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com