The Funding Indigenous Resurgence in Edmonton (FIRE) Grant program provides funding assistance to Indigenous individuals and organizations to support community focused heritage projects.
The applicant must be an individual, registered non-profit society, or collective of individuals whose residence or location of work is in the Edmonton metropolitan region.
- The applicant must be a First Nations, Metis or Inuit person over the age of 18. Proof of identity may be required.
- The applicant cannot have already been awarded a FIRE Grant during the current calendar year.
- The applicant must be up to date with final reports for other EHC-funded work, including returning any unused grant funds. Applicants who have been granted extensions on other EHC-funded work are also not eligible to apply.
- The project must explore Indigenous history or heritage with a connection to past, present and future Edmonton.
- The project must have clear start and end dates with a specific scope of activities distinct from ongoing operations or programs.
The FIRE Grant will provide funding for all eligible project expenses. All costs related to planning, execution, and promotion of your project are eligible with the exception of:
- Capital purchases (ex. computer equipment, camera)
- Costs related to fundraising efforts
- Expenses that have been incurred prior to notification of funding
Deadline DateMay 20, 2021; September 20, 2021
Contact Name: Indigenous Initiatives Staff
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com