Value75% wage subsidies (maximum of $22,500 for employers hiring youth between the ages of 15 and 30 or $30,000 For those employers with placements in northern, rural and remote communities and youth furthest from employment)
Electricity Human Resources Canada’s (EHRC) Green Jobs Program supports companies providing youth with green work experience (via internships and on-the-job training) in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) positions, or positions relating to the environment and natural resources.
Youth participants must:
- Be between the ages of 15 to 30 years as of the start of the placement.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with refugee protection in Canada.
- Be legally able to work in Canada according to relevant laws and regulations of the province or territory of residence.
- Not currently be enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution.
- Currently un- or under-employed.
Employers must operate in one or more of the following areas:
- Generation, transmission and distribution of green electrical power.
- Sector support (including renewables) such as: R&D, energy efficiency.
- Manufacturing of equipment and the provision of services for the generation of green energy.
- Other sectors in the environmental economy, including conservation, planning or natural resources.
Employer organizations must be classified as one of the following:
- Not-for-Profit Organization
- Municipal, Provincial or Territorial Government
Deadline DatePlacements must be a minimum of four months and ending by March 31, 2021.
Contact Name: Electricity Human Resources Canada
Phone Number: 613.235.5540
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org