ValueUp to a maximum combined financing of $10 million
The Green Municipal Fund’s (GMF) Sustainable Affordable Housing fund supports municipal, non-profit and cooperative housing providers in measurably improving the energy efficiency and affordability of existing and new affordable housing units. The initiative’s mission is to achieve environmental, economic, and social benefits through the retrofitting and building of sustainable affordable housing:
• Environmental: Reducing energy and GHG emissions intensity
• Economic: Increasing energy and housing affordability
• Social: Improving building quality; increasing resident comfort, health and quality of life
The following organizations are eligible for SAH funding:
- Canadian municipal governments (e.g., towns, cities, regions, districts, and local boards thereof)
- Municipally owned corporations, such as municipal housing service providers; or
- Non-profit, mission-driven affordable housing providers, including co-operatives.
Non-profit housing providers include those delivering: transitional housing, supportive housing, social/community/affordable/non-market rental housing. Shelters and affordable homeownership programs are generally not eligible to apply to this fund.
In general, organizations that are owned by provinces and territories, and private, for-profit companies, are not eligible to apply to this fund.
- Pilot Project
- Capital Project: Retrofit
- Capital Project: New Build
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Phone Number: 16132415221
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org