Through the Greenhouse Carbon Tax Relief Grant Program (GCTRG), the B.C. government provides carbon tax relief to B.C. commercial vegetable, floriculture, wholesale nursery and forest seedling operations.
Applicant must have met all of the following criteria at the time of the application submission:
- is a corporation, partnership or individual(s) operating a commercial greenhouse in British Columbia for the entire 2020 production year
- is using natural gas or propane in the operation of their Eligible Production Area for heating or the production of CO2 for Eligible Crop fertilization, or both
- had sales in 2019 exceeding $20,000 (for start-ups or new purchases, an operator anticipates sales exceeding $20,000 in 2019) from the production of Eligible Crops
- has a minimum of 455 square metres (5,000 square feet) of Eligible Production Area
- is using at least 75% of their total Eligible Production Area for the production of Eligible Crops
- is producing an Eligible Crop
Natural gas and propane consumed for heating and producing CO2 for the production of eligible crops within a production greenhouse is eligible.
Fuel burnt for other purposes, such as heating residential, office, packing or processing area, or non-eligible crop production area, vehicles, forklifts or to produce electricity in a CHP engine – is ineligible.
Deadline DateMay 1, 2020
Contact Name: B.C. Ministry of Agriculture
Phone Number: 778-974-3838
E-mail Address: CTreliefgrant@gov.bc.ca