ValueThe maximum amount of eligible financing per business is $800,000.
Growth Investment Program put in place for farmers who have projects to put forward, regardless of their production sector or which life cycle their business is in. It aims to support productive and sustainable investments. This program replaces the Support for Diversification and Regional Development and the Support for Québec Farm Business Development Programs.
To be eligible, your project must involve:
- The construction, renovation or improvement of a building
- The purchase of production equipment and non-self-propelled machinery
- The initial acquisition of perennial plants or breeding animals
- The purchase of targeted self-propelled machinery used to carry out cultivation operations or for animal feeding;
- Carrying out work aimed at the agri-environmental enhancement of cultivated land
- The implementation of on-farm agri-environmental projects
In addition, to benefit from the Growth Investment Program, your project must:
- Increase the production volume, performance or profitability of your company
- Comply with animal welfare standards, organic production, the California standard for lead in maple syrup production or any new requirements applicable to agri-food production
- Mark the start of your farming or agri-food business
- Improve land into crops
- Adopt agri-environmental practices
The Growth Investment Program has four components, each with specific eligibility conditions.
- Component 1: Growth Support – available to all agricultural and agri-food businesses for the financing of projects related to supply-managed production or maple syrup production. The maximum financial assistance is $30,000 on loan capital of up to $300,000.
- Component 2: Growth Support Plus – available to all agricultural and agri-food businesses for the financing of projects related to all productions other than those under supply management and maple syrup production. The maximum financial assistance is $60,000 on loan capital of up to $600,000.
- Component 3: Agri-Environmental Enhancement of Cultivated Land- aimed at all agricultural and agri-food businesses for the financing of projects that will enhance the value of cultivated land or on-farm agri-environmental projects. The maximum financial assistance is $20,000 on loan capital of up to $200,000.
- Component 4: Young Entrepreneurs- available to all agricultural and agri-food businesses wholly owned by persons between the ages of 18 and 40. In addition, one of these persons must have qualified for the Financial Support Program for Aspiring Farmers less than five years ago. For the Young Entrepreneurs component exclusively, the purchase of land may constitute an eligible project. The maximum financial assistance is $45,000 on loan capital of no more than $300,000.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: La Financière agricole du Québec
Phone Number: 1-800-749-3646