Health Food aims to financially support the bio-food sector in the development and improvement of food of good nutritional quality intended for Quebec consumers. It also supports initiatives linked to structuring actions or projects that promote awareness and promote healthy eating.
Companies in the bio-food sector that process food and offer it to Quebec consumers are eligible. To be eligible, companies must meet the criteria specified in the part of the program that interests them. The program is also intended for business combinations, research establishments, non-profit organizations and dissemination centers that meet the other criteria specified in the program.
- Component 1 – Support for carrying out diagnostic studies
- Diagnosis to modify a food product or a range of products in order to improve its nutritional quality.
- Diagnosis to develop a food of good nutritional quality.
- Financial aid: Maximum financial assistance of $ 25,000 per project and $ 100,000 per applicant for the duration of the program.
- Component 2 – Support for the development and modification of the nutritional value of Quebec processed products
- Development: a processed food with good nutritional quality; a food with health value.
- Modification of the formulation of a food: to make it a food with improved nutritional value; to make it a food with health value; to reduce the use of the food additives it contains.
- Financial aid: Maximum financial assistance of $ 150,000 per applicant for the duration of the program.
- Component 3 – Support for structuring activities and projects
- Networking and coordination of stakeholders to better meet the needs of the processing company in terms of improving the nutritional quality of food.
- Training and information activities enabling the bio-food sector to acquire knowledge about food and its health benefits with the aim of promoting the improvement of the nutritional quality of processed foods.
- Activities highlighting successes in creating foods of good nutritional quality or modifying foods with improved nutritional value or foods with healthy value, or highlighting best practices adopted by food processing companies.
- Conduct studies or surveys or design tools to inform businesses about improving the nutritional quality of food.
- Clinical studies aimed at obtaining, for the purpose of evaluating the nutritional characteristics of an ingredient or food, scientific evidence which demonstrates the beneficial effect of this ingredient or food on health.
- Financial aid: Maximum financial assistance of $ 150,000 per project per year and $ 300,000 per applicant per year.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec
Phone Number: 418 380-2209
E-mail Address: email@example.com