Valueup to $25,000.
Heritage awareness grants support the delivery of interpretive and public engagement projects that preserve, interpret, and promote appreciation of Alberta’s history.
- The following applicants may apply for the grant:
- individuals that reside in Alberta or have a permanent Alberta address
- registered organizations in Alberta:
- non-profit organizations
- schools and other educational institutions
- First Nations
- Metis Settlements
The following projects and expenses may be covered by the grant:
- design, fabrication and installation of heritage markers, plaques, cairns, monuments, and interpretive displays that provide substantial information about Alberta’s history
- A copy of the interpretive text must accompany the application.
- production of multimedia or participatory projects that will promote awareness of Alberta’s history such as videos, broadcasts, walking tours, plays and heritage component of websites
- Content must be provided. The costs of maintaining websites is not eligible.
- delivery of public educational programs that will increase knowledge and understanding of Alberta’s history
- Content of the program must be provided.
- attending professional development opportunities within the field of heritage preservation such as workshops, seminars or conferences on heritage preservation
- Applicant must provide evidence that attendance is vital to his/her career in heritage preservation.
- organizing and presenting local or provincial workshops, seminars, conferences or lectures that encourage public involvement in heritage preservation and promote knowledge about Alberta’s history
- Agenda and program must be provided.
- costs associated with cultural protocols such as gifting to Elders and knowledge keepers and organizing sharing circles
- Costs should be budgeted at standard Government of Alberta rates.
Deadline DateThe annual application deadline is the first working day of February.
Contact Name: Carina Naranjilla
Phone Number: 780-431-2305
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org