ValueNon-repayable grant equivalent to 50% of the position salary for the first year of employment, up to $50,000.
TECTERRA’s HIRE Program helps funds the first year of a new employee to support the development and commercialization of geomatics technology. It is designed to create economic value for small Alberta companies by facilitating the first year of employment while de-risking the onboarding process.
If you are a geospatial company with fewer than 100 employees needing to hire an employee, you may qualify for a non-repayable grant equivalent to up to 50% of the position salary for the first year of employment, up to $50,000.
- Be submitted and led by an Alberta based start-up or small enterprise.
- Must be a for-profit company.
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta.
- Minimum of one, and no more than 100, employees.
- Annual sales revenue cannot exceed $5 million.
- Must carry Commercial General Liability Insurance for a minimum of $2 million.
- Preference is given when the primary business of the company is using location-based information, or geospatial development, technology deployment, technology solutions.
HIRE Candidate Requirements
- The role must be associated with the commercialization and/or development of innovative geospatial technologies.
- The company must demonstrate how the HIRE will benefit their organization
- The HIRE must represent a ‘net-new hire’ for the company, meaning: The position identified must be additional to the current and recent activity of the company, and can not be a replacement for a recently departed employee, contractor or consultant.
- HIRES are brought in with the intention of serving a long-term business need(s) within the applicant company (i.e. beyond the period funded by TECTERRA).
- The HIRE salary must align with recognized industry standards.
- Upon start of employment and during the term of TECTERRA’s funding, the HIRE must be a permanent resident of Canada, living in Alberta.
- The HIRE may not be related to any senior manager, officer, director or principal shareholder of the applicant company.
Non-eligible positions: Positions previously or currently funded through any and all other TECTERRA, federal and/or provincial funding programs of any kind (partially or fully, directly or indirectly); Executive, co-founder, or partner level positions are also non-eligible.
TECTERRA will invest up to 50% of the first year’s salary, the remaining must be paid by the applicant. No stacking permitted.
- TECTERRA matching funding amount is a maximum of $50,000
- Funding for a HIRE will have the duration of 12 months
- The salary must align with recognized industry standards
- No stacking permitted.
- Non-Eligible costs:
- Other expenses or fringe costs.
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: TECTERRA
Phone Number: 403-532-4275
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org