The Large/Urban Stream of the Housing Accelerator Fund provides incentive funding to local governments. The funding is meant to remove barriers and support the development of affordable, inclusive, equitable and climate-resilient communities.
Eligible applicants include:
- Local governments within Canada that have delegated authority over land use planning and development approvals with a population* of 10,000 or more.
- In the absence of a municipal-level authority, a regional district or province that has authority for land use planning and development approvals.
*Population based on 2021 census data.
To be eligible for the Large/Urban Stream, applicants must have a population of 10,000+ and be in a Canadian province. Approved participants can use incentive funding for investments in:
- Housing Accelerator Fund action plans
- affordable housing
- housing-related infrastructure
- community-related infrastructure that supports housing
Deadline DateThe application window is now closed.
Contact Name: Housing Accelerator Fund
Phone Number: 1-800-668-2642
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org