ValueStage 1 – Incubation Funding for prototyping: Up to 25 Shortlisted Applications will receive $150k; Stage 2 – Implementation Funding: Selected solutions will share a pool of $38.5M
This challenge is about finding ways to make it easier to build houses. It addresses construction-related barriers to housing supply. This can be done by funding activities that support the adoption and preparation for replication and scaling, and to accelerate the use of:
- construction processes
Lead Applicant must be a legal entity:
- For-profit (ex: housing developers, builders, construction professionals, general contractors, technology companies, start-ups, architects etc.)
- Not-for-profit organizations (ex: housing providers)
- Indigenous organizations, governments, groups, housing agencies and authorities
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Governments (provincial, territorial, Indigenous, municipal, local and regional)
- Teams composed of a variety of participants
* All participants must be affiliated with a legally incorporated organization.
The challenge prioritizes solutions that accelerate the creation and preservation of housing that is affordable, climate compatible and meets people’s needs.
Round 4 consists of 3 stages:
- Stage 1: concept development and initial application
- Stage 2: design and feasibility plan and final application
- Stage 3: implementation
Deadline DateInitial Submissions: April 13, 2023.
Contact Name: Housing Supply Challenge Support Program through Evergreen
Phone Number: 647-670-2265
E-mail Address: HSC-DOLsupport4@evergreen.ca