The Indigenous Career Pivot Project (ICPP) will act as a pilot program to facilitate and support meaningful work placements for Indigenous peoples wishing to explore career options in the ocean economy. The project will support the employment of approximately ten (10) Indigenous peoples in Ocean Supercluster member companies. Placements will last for twelve (12) months. Participants will gain valuable experience in a new industry and will enhance their knowledge through placements that complement their existing skillset and natural aptitudes.
Open to all Indigenous peoples willing to participate in pre-employment assessment and subsequent industry job matching.
The Indigenous Career Pivot Project seeks applicants with indigenous ancestry who possess the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- A strong desire to build and expand their current skill set
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with essential computer software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Indigenous Participants will receive:
- Industry-standard wage packages;
- A work-integrated learning plan;
- Full orientation and onboarding;
- Career building conferences and workshops;
- On-line professional development courses;
- Career mentoring support provided by the OSC and Employer;
- Peer Support Network;
- Intercultural Competency Training provided to the Employer.
Deadline DateOctober 23, 2020
Contact Name: Canada's Ocean Supercluster
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org