ValueThere is a maximum of $11 million available for all engagement projects, until March 31, 2024.
Through the Indigenous Justice Strategy Engagement Funding, Justice Canada will provide funding to Indigenous partners and organizations to engage with their members and citizens on what an Indigenous Justice Strategy (IJS) in Canada could and should include.
This call for proposals is open to:
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis governing bodies, Tribal Councils, local, regional and national Indigenous organizations
- non-profit community organizations, societies, and associations which have voluntarily associated themselves for a non-profit purpose
Given the objective of this call for proposals and limited funding available, only Indigenous organizations and Indigenous-led engagement activities will be considered for funding.
The level of funding will vary from project to project based on the nature and scope of the proposed activities.
- Community: up to $250,000 is available per project for up to 25 months.
- Provincial, territorial, or regional: Up to $400,000 is available per project for up to 25 months.
- National: Up to $500,000 is available per project for up to 25 months.