Valueup to $100,000.
The Government of Alberta is committed to reconciliation with Indigenous communities, peoples, and organizations by supporting initiatives that enhance local economic development and Indigenous culture.
The Indigenous Reconciliation Initiative provides funding up to $100,000 for cultural or economic projects through two streams.
- Cultural Stream – Funds Indigenous-led initiatives that enhance, protect, or revitalize Indigenous languages, heritage, culture and arts.
- Economic Stream – Funds Indigenous-led capacity and opportunity development projects that improve economic outcomes for communities.
The intent of the IRI-CS program is to enhance, protect, or revitalize Indigenous languages, heritage, culture and arts initiatives, including (but not limited to):
- community or organizational engagement on government reconciliation initiatives
- community-led reconciliation activities
- cultural protocol items
- Elders’ honoraria
- programs offered within the community such as beading, sewing, drumming, drum making and reclamation of traditional cultural activities
- community language initiatives
- community research, such as gathering oral histories or archival research.
The project must strengthen cultural outcomes in Indigenous communities.
Contact Name: Indigenous Reconciliation Initiative program
E-mail Address: email@example.com