Value$10,000 a year
The Innovator Skills Initiative (ISI) offers up to $10,000 a year to hire a student to fill a business or tech role. The program connects undergrad and graduate students with an opportunity to bring their skills to a looking for help or to a non-tech company looking to expand their footprint. This program is delivered by our partner New Ventures BC.
- Tech company or tech focused non-profit hiring for a business or tech role (same as before)
- Business or non-profit hiring for a tech role (new!)
- You must also be able to provide entrepreneurial and skills training to the student.
- Is not an accredited co-op student (internships, work placements and non-accredited co-ops at private schools are acceptable, please contact us to confirm)
- Is taking on a business or technical role
- Is currently enrolled at an accredited post secondary institution in BC or is taking one semester off (ie: summer)
- Any level of post-secondary (certificate, undergrad, master level, phd post-doc, etc.) is accepted.
If approved you can receive:
- Up to $5000 towards your student’s payroll, per term (grant amount is based on your student’s total salary)
- Up to two grants per year (running May – April), worth a total of $10,000
- Funds are paid out at the end of the term, after providing paystubs, a final survey, and proof of completion of online Market Validation training